• Hormones, steroids, antibiotics found in animal products
Research shows these compounds can be absorbed by fruits and vegetables grown in soil treated with manure from animals fed antibiotics.
• Toxins and pollutants from contaminated soil and water
These can stay in our environment years after they've been banned, such as DDT.
• Pesticides, fertilizers and fumigants
These are unnatural compounds.
• MSG (Monosodium Glutamate}
MSG is a neurotoxic flavor enhancer that's hidden in many foods.
• Partially hydrogenated oil
Gives baked goods and snacks longer shelf life but contains high levels of trans fat.
• High fructose corn syrup-With a high glycemic index, it converts to fat more than any other sugar. Usually made with genetically modified corn and genetically modified
• Genes from bacteria, viruses, plants, animals and even humans inserted into plants like soybeans, corn, canola and cotton
Unlike traditional breeding, genetic engineering can create life forms that would normally never exist in nature.
•Artificial colors and flavorings
Artificial colors are chemical compounds made mainly from coal-tar; artificial flavors are cheaply produced chemical mixtures that mimic natural flavors.
• Artificial sweeteners
Despite claims that these are "safe" food additives, remember they are not natural. For example, aspartame is made up of three chemicals.
• Benzoate preservatives-These are phenolic compounds often added to food to preserve fats and prevent fats from becoming rancid; these preservatives produce low levels of hormones.
The result? Food that has been denatured - stripped of much of its nutritional value and integrity. Food that could potentially cause health issues.